Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Punny Winner

Well, that was a lot of pun! You know what's the best part about this post? It could go on forever. I think there's at least 100,000,000,000,000,001 puns. Yes, really.  And since that is the case, we shall do puns every week for the rest of the year. Devree's dad will be our weekly guest. Will you tell him about his new duty, Devree? Tell him that's what he gets for being the world's leading punner. And your English teacher can help out too. 

Actually, I don't know if I want to laugh that much. I'm in the wrinkle years, ya know. I must keep my face as passive as possible if I want to avoid Botox. 

We are lucky again this week ... we've had a prize donated to us by Bakerfam, who is a Young Living Oils distributor. It's a bottle of Peppermint Essential Oil. Ooo la la.


This is nice, expensive stuff girls! You'll love it. If you are interested in learning more about Young Living Oils, you can email me and I will forward it to Bakerfam. 

Since I felt guilty that I haven't had to give out a prize all month, I threw in a pure soy candle from Targe' as well. (I've got to make it sound good to match the quality of Bakerfam's gift.) It's Lemon Verbana (I love the smell of lemon. What can I say, I'm a sourpuss.) And candles and essential oils go hand in hand. (Kind of punish right there too. Get it? 'Cause you know you you have to use your hands to rub on essential oil. Ah ... never mind.)


Now this is where it gets confusing. The winning week was week #1. That was the State of the Blog Address. And how the prize fits with that topic ... um ... participating on a blog every week is a lot of work and you guys deserve to relax and de-stress after a year of dealing with me. ( You didn't think I could tie those together, did you?)

There were 14 comments that week, and the winning comment was #5. Caitlin! You can definitely use this after a stressful day at work. I will get it in the mail to you.

Since next Weds. is the 4th (oh yay!), I will try to post on Monday to make sure I give everyone time to visit the blog before your mind goes on vacation. I did say "try," so I'm not fully committed, but do check in on Monday after noon, OK.

Thank you a million times to the very punny Devree for sharing her post with us. You rock girlfriend!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Thanks, this is awesome! I'll definitely need this after work :)

Lori Folkman said...

I know how stressful your job is, so you deserve this! :)