Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Wordy Winner

It's December. I'm more scared about this month than I was October. (Sad, I know. I'm one of those procrastinators who ends up lost in the hecticness of the season.) Are you ready for it to be December?

And here's the bigger question: are you ready for me to use your words in this blog post? Brace yourself; this is gonna be good.

Devree, what the heck? Someone threw milk at you? What a motard. I want his name so I can come make his face all cursmudgled. Seriously. I'm driving down there yesterday to take care of this fudder, because Devree, even though I've never met you, you're duma.

And he could have used more uniquity, because I've heard of someone doing something similar. But it was even more lameasouras rex: someone threw ROTTEN milk. There was a gal who was not serendipitous and she chucked curdly, smelly milk at some man who had  dashed her hopes of connubial felicity. And the dude said "That girl's got a serious brattitude and I'm getting the www.heckawayfromher.com." At least I think he would have said something like that. But since I wasn't there to witness the event, it's possible that I'm being a gubula and passing along a tall tale. However, I do believe that it's real because every time I think about the coagulated milk, it makes me go idgida. I know it's lamesauce for me to be so squeamish, but I am just a kiddiepoop at heart. And can you imagine what that milk did to his skin? I bet it made him itchida like crazy. That milk tossing gal was one Bad Manzana. And Devree, I bet you wish that guy at your school was a touron, but I'm afraid you'll be stuck with him until the end of the year. Meow.

Bakerfam: Had you been watching Pride and Prejudice when your boys started saying "Darcy?" You must be related to Paulashawn because I think that she finds Ms. Austen most interestable. (And a flibbertigibbet Ms. Paula? You are not.)

There. I did it. Was that just splendiferous? Am I your favoritest author of all? Anne, was the letter "f" thing referring to my last name? The best of all "F's"?  I think that's what you meant.

Speaking of Anne: she is this week's prize sponsor. She's the talent behind Wall Graffiti. And since this was all about words this week, vinyl lettering makes the perfect prize. (Just in time for holiday crafting!) Make sure you check out her blog. And she'll have all her December lettering posted on the blog tomorrow. So all of ya head on over there and order a plaque that says, "F is for Folkman."

This week's winner is: (but wait, you're all winners for sharing your words with me) comment #3. Tara! Wahoo! You deserve a prize after all the words you wrote this month! Email me at folksinmt(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll hook you up with Anne. (Thank you Anne!)

And one more thing, Livingsonslifeinmt had technical difficulites and couldn't get her comment to post. But I'm sure she would have used the word "Schmooty Hooty." So I must say it as well. Without my clever friends, this would just be a blog. But with your help, you've turned this place into a real Schmooty Hooty. (That's a compliment!)

Oh, and another one more thing: some of those words are gonna be in Purgatory. You'll have to wait and see which ones. :)

8 comments:

Tara said...

WoW! I never expected a win. I was really just procrastinating nanowrimoing (note another new word) and succeeded for the whole evening.

PaulaShawn said...

Lori's got talent! I love how you did that whole post and how your prize goes right along with the contest. You are brilliant!

Lori Folkman said...

Tara: Thanks for another brilliant word usage! I think the old Webster has been completely thrown out the window!

PaulaShawn: Ah, shucks. You are fantabulous!

Jennifer Lovell said...

Lori, good job on your composition! You win the prize for most original composition ever, since you used more original words than I've ever read in one place before : ).

I just wanted to add one more word that I forgot to share--my four year old invented it and it's very useful indeed. A SCRAB (rhymes with drab) is the RED MARK left on your skin when the elastic on your pants around your waist is too tight (or the elastic on your socks around your ankles, etc.). You may also find a scrab if your skin rested on a toy for 5 minutes without realizing it, or if you slept with your face on a seam of some sort. "Look, Mom, I got a scrab." Scrabs are temporary, but they may require "a kiss to make it better" nonetheless : ). Just thought you might like to know ; ).

Devree said...

Yes I was hit with milk. He was trying to hit the kid behind me but he missed. My back was to him so I couldn't identify who he was for the people that wanted to beat him up. My younger brother always says "what the cow" for like what the heck and that was surely a "WHAT THE COW!!!!?!" moment. You're very creative and I laugh so hard when reading your books!

Lori Folkman said...

Devree, I'm so glad to know that the milk wasn't aimed at you. I will downgrade my wrath on the fellow, and now I just want to leave a scrab on his face, instead of making it cursmudgled. (Although I don't know how to make a scrab on someone else. Any suggestions JazznJenna?)

Thanks for the compliments you guys! You made my entire weekend!

PaulaShawn said...

I think my Shawn is sad that His Rowley girl isn't as clever as Matt's. He was laughing so hard through this thing. You are gifted!

Livingstonslifeinmontana said...

Thanks for sharing my word that I didn't get to share!
Your are amazing with your word usage. Loved your composition!
Love your books. Love you! Ü