Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Family Christmas

  Have you ever seen family Christmas photos that make you green with envy?      (We all like green during this season, but being green with envy isn't exactly what we are hoping for.) You know the kind of photo: the perfect family, all dressed matchy-matchy; everyone is beautiful AND photogenic; and the lighting and scenery are equally as riveting?

Well, this is NOT one of those Christmas photos:


We learned long ago not to waste money on professional photographs, especially when this is the best picture out of a batch of 30. I particularity like that when the photographer (aka Grandma) says, "OK, now do a goofy one," that the hubs gives us his very best face.
I also like how my fleece pockets (I love pockets!) make me look like I've got a kangaroo in my pouch. Don't want to start any rumors here: it just the pockets. They make me look all ... poofy. I might have to learn to think about style instead of comfort. (Nah!)

Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas, or as we say in Montana, 
Fleece Navidad.


The blog is on vacation until 2012: see you next year!

9 comments:

Jennifer Lovell said...

Great picture! I'm still a little jealous here, 'cause we never even managed to sit down for a photoshoot at all this year. Maybe I can catch my family after church on Sunday for a nice picture...oh wait! We'll all be in our pajamas, won't we? Ha ha :P! I guess we'll just take a PJ picture this year : )! Merry Christmas, my newest fun friend!!

Nicole Jessop said...

Cute picture! Love it! Merry Christmas!!!!!

Devree said...

Haha Merry Christmas Lori. I hope it is splendiferous!

The Rowley's said...

I love it!

Bakerfam said...

I love it! Reily is the greatest, and Matt, well considering how jovile he is this is a funny one ;) Merry Christmas Folkmens!!!

PaulaShawn said...

I'm still looking for your goofy family photo! Ha ha.

Bah humbug on me! Your family is too amazing to be in a posed "perfect" picture. Those kinds of shots are really lame, I think. You guys are great!

I think our civilization is advancing toward paradisiacal glory because we have wonderful things like fleece & Joe Joes. Bring it on! And bring on a very merry Christmas to the awesome Folkman family in beautiful "God's Country!"

Anonymous said...

This catches the reality of the Christmas season: Dad looking calm, serene, oblivious and Mom having a somewhat crazed, "help me" look in her eyes! We love the Folkmans!! Merry Christmas!

Janice

Anne Miller said...

Cute :) I love your comfy style ! Love you guys and Merry Christmas!

Lori Folkman said...

Thanks you guys! You're the best. Merry Christmas to all!