Thursday, September 27, 2012

One Cool Winner

So maybe I need to go back to the weekly prizes because I almost forgot to go shopping for a prize. If you are wondering how a girl could forget to go shopping, then you don't know me very well. I don't like to go shopping because it means time away from writing. Am I warped or what? And why am I telling you this? You have better things to do with your time than read about my un-shopping habits, don't you?

This month's winning week was week #1: Back to Cool, which was perfect because what kind of prize would I have given away this week? A recording of my voice? Don't think so. Although, I would have liked the winning week to be the week on musicals because then I could have given you tickets to the Bigfork Playhouse Children's Theatre for this weekend's show--and if the winner doesn't live here, then that would mean she would have to come visit! Sigh. Oh well, I guess this prize will have to do:


Since the winner might not appreciate animal print jeans, how about an animal print scarf? I kinda love it personally. Might I borrow it sometime?


And, just to make sure you are extra spiffy, I have included this totally awesome GOLD nail polish, because in America, the nails are painted with gold. At least that's what I heard Fieval say.

When you wear the gold nail polish, you must sing this song:


OK? OK?  Caitlin I'm talking to you because you're the winner! Comment #10 from week #1. How lucky are you? I shall mail it to you at once (or at twice. How come nobody ever says that?), but I'll need your address first. Text me.

See ya in October all you super cool friends of mine!

5 comments:

PaulaShawn said...

I missed my chance to comment. How sad! It's because my voice sounds like Alvin, Simon and Theodore's - "Hurry, we're going to be late! Did you pack your lunch? Got your Gatorade? Did you talk to your teacher? You cleaned your room, right? The trash is full. The music is kind of loud right now. Did you brush your teeth?"

And you know we have the same laugh. Why don't you invite yourself along with Mom and Dad to GC and then have them swing over here!

Unknown said...

So I started listening to the song and I got through a minute and decided "This is super cheesy, I'm going back to listening to my iPod as I comment.

Lori Folkman said...

PaulaShawn: if your voice sounds like the Chipmunk's, then mine sounds like Johns. "Alvin!" Too bad I didn't name one of my children Alvin. Oh well, it's not too late: I can name my next child that. Ha! Ha ha ha . Oh look-- we are laughing the same again! (We DO NOT have the same laugh. Yours is small and poised (like you) and mine is obnoxious and boisterous (like me.)) (BTW, why is POISE the name for incontinence pads? I would not feel poised if my bladder was leaking. I would feel SHAME. If I owned the company, that's what the pads would be called. (You can see from this comment that I am not as old as I sometimes think I am because I am mocking incontinence. A few years from now I will say, "Oh Lori, you were so naive.))

Did I just set the record for the most liberal usage of parenthesis in a comment? (If not, maybe I set a record for the most off-topic reply.)

Devree: You are too young to know this, but the 80's were all about cheese. Yuppies were originally called Cheese Balls, but I guess that name was trademarked as a snack food so they had to change it. People used to say "Cheese" instead of "awesome" and "cool." So that video you watched was the ultimate in cheese. You may now consider yourself enlightened and extra cheesy.

Caitlin said...

Sweet! I was thinking it was perfect scarf weather. Although, I'd gladly come visit and take those tickets! It looks like I missed my chance to comment this week, too. I was just going to say it made me really self-conscious, trying to imagine what my voice sounds like to other people. Because of my Utah accent, I can’t even say my own name right, or my hometown. I’ll have to work on that!

Lori Folkman said...

Caitlin: you could always introduce yourself as "Cakey." But here is the trick question: how do YOU say Nevada? As long as you pronounce your home state the right way, you are doing just fine. That scarf will look fabulous on you with your shiny blonde hair! You will have to say "I am woman, hear me roar!" when you wear it.