Saturday, July 7, 2012

Just Because ...

Even though it's not Tuesday, I wanted to post something. I can do that, since it is my blog and I make all the rules. I just want you to see how pretty Montana is right now! I went out the other day and took a whole slew of pictures, but I will share just a few of my favorite, because after a while, they all look like yellow fields of canola. Oh wait, they are yellow fields of canola.










This one is canola-less and I have entitled it 50 Shades of Green. 
(And now I shall kick myself for smuttifying the blog.)

It's pretty, isn't it? Would you like to come visit? I happen to know a good little bed-n-breakfast you could stay at. They serve cold cereal for breakfast. And wash the sheets for company. It's a classy place.

Also, you know the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words?" Well, I just realized being a photographer is way easier than being a writer. I just saved myself from writing 9000 words, which normally takes me a week or two. I have now switched careers. I must go change my Facebook status.

See you next week for the real post, which will be about ... about ... um, something awesome like always.

9 comments:

The Rowley's said...

I LOVE these Lori... gorgeous! In fact I may need you to email me the one of the barn profile. So pretty!

The Rowley's said...

And ya know... Ive never been out your way... maybe we'll need to come visit this classy little bed and breakfast. It just so happens cold cereal is my favorite... and I do love clean sheets!

Lori Folkman said...

Rowley's: you've never been over here? Yes, come! Quickly, before you get too close to your due-date, because the bed and breakfast doesn't do deliveries. :)

Anne said...

Beautiful !! Great pictures Lori. It is defiantly a beautiful time of year. especially in MT

Jennifer Lovell said...

Did you really take all of those beautiful pictures? I'm jealous of your photography skills. Gorgeous. I'm glad that you get to enjoy such nice scenery where you are : )! Maybe someday I'll get up the courage to try to capture our pretty corn fields here.

Your bed & breakfast offer is VERY tempting : )...

Sally said...

Beautiful! I want to come! If only I were planning on attending my 20 year reunion, I'd skip that and head your way.

Lori Folkman said...

Anne: we are so glad to be green and not on fire! How are you guys doing down there?

JazznJenna: Yes, I really took them. I did not steal of the internet for once! I had less to repent of today. :) Are you scared of the corn fields? I am, ever since Signs.

Sally: What? You aren't going to your fabulous CMR reunion? You will miss out on unlimited fun, that is for certain!

Devree said...

Those are pretty! I like being over this way except it's been raining hard and I don't think I want to walk out in it...I might just lose my hair! I'm in Memphis right now at St. Judes for a check-up! I just made a pretty butterfly which I intend to take to college with me! I still have and hour and a half until my MRI but I'm pretty sure I'm still cancer free.
I'd like this bed and breakfast! But it has to have GOOD cold cereals! Just kidding about the cereal. I'd stay there!
Wait wait wait....Next week? This is the post? Okay. It IS the summer. :)

Lori Folkman said...

Sweet, sweet Devree: you make your check-up sound like an awesome vacation. I think you should change your name to Positive Peggy. And the results are??? ... The cold cereals on the menu this week are Mini Wheats, Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Will that do? And yes, there will be a post tomorrow; I posted the pictures on Sat. I still have to come up with a topic though ...