Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Morning After

This morning I awoke with the bright sun shining through my window and a chorus of birds singing their cheerful songs. I smiled as I thought of going to the lake and having another slice (or two) of birthday cake. I went to the bathroom to wash the sleep from my eyes. And when I looked in the mirror, I saw this.



I screamed, so it's okay if you do too.

It would appear that I just got another year older, wouldn't it?

I am at the point in life where the forces of nature are against me. But I shall not give up without a fight.

So it's advice time again. What products do you use to make yourself beautiful? Hair? Make-up? Skin care? Do tell all! I need to restock my arsenal. And I'm not necessarily looking for specific advice like, "They are called tweezers, Lori. Get some!" Just give me your best tips so I can gain courage to leave the house again.

Comments will close late Weds. night and the winner will be announced on Thurs.

And thanks to everyone for playing along on Facebook last week. If you haven't already done so, please like the Wilder Times Fan Page. Grazie!

6 comments:

bigskyboys said...

Well you know me, pedi's, mani's, haircuts at least monthly. HA, HA, HA! Sunscreen on my face so I avoid looking like a prune in another ten years. Sorry, hope you get some better advice from someone else. I'm off to become more prunish on the river.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lori, Lori, Lori....it gets better when you find you need glasses. Don't wear them when you look in the mirror and you really don't know how bad it is!

Happy Happy Birthday to our littlest sister!

Judi

Anonymous said...

I hear there is something called water?. I'm not sure what it is exactly. But I think they say your suppose to replace Diet Coke with it. Some day I'll have to try it.
Nicole

Lori Folkman said...

bigskyboys--we can't all be naturally beautiful like you!

Love it Judi! I think I will start leaving the lights off in the bathroom as well.

Nicole--I've also heard of this strange substance called water. Let me know how it tastes. :)

Livingstonslifeinmontana said...

BEAUTY COMES FROM WITHIN...and a smile goes a long way. Besides you don't need any advice, you are lovely!
(that was me that did the deleting, sorry I couldn't figure out how to edit)

PaulaShawn said...

It takes only a glance of me to see that I don't fight the battle. The only thing I make sure to do is to avoid looking up & over at the mirror when I'm blowing my hair dry while flipped upside down. My future is not lovely... But I'm not the one who has to stare it (me) in the face like you guys all do.