Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Winning Winner

Judging from your comments, I think all of us are a bit competitive, it's just that some of us are more civilized than others. (Ahem PaulaShawn! You could have re-broke her shoulder! Do you guys see what I had to deal with growing up?)

I thought of something else that I'm competitive at: Name That Band. I play it with my oldest son, and I love that I can name almost any band within the first few measures of the song that's playing. However, he is stumping me with Dubstep, (bleck) which means I'm getting old and out-of-touch.

This week's prize is something to help you watch those Final Four games, if you so choose:



10 Applebee's Bucks to spend at the sport's bar while watching something sporty on the telly. What fun! Winner, will you invite all of us to come along? Yes? Yay, I'm so excited.

This week's winner as selected by Random.org is comment #2. Nicole! That new puppy didn't ruin your day after all! (But everyone cheer for JazznJenna for having the fastest mouse-clicker finger.) Woot Woot to everyone! You're all winners!

Next week ... well, there will not be a next week. I said that wrong. There will be a next week: it will still be on the calendars and everything. And the world won't end (at least I hope not), but there will not be a BlogAway post next week. It is my kiddo's Spring Break, and I need break from my computer as well. I think I might even part with my beloved laptop for a few days and see if the computer geniuses at my local repair shop can figure out why it keeps crashing. So ... I will miss chatting with y'all next week, but we'll have tons of fun when we meet again on April 10th. C-ya then.

6 comments:

Nicole Jessop said...

Oh yay! That will go perfect with my teacher's discount! :) Thank you! I will miss being here next week! Thankfully it's my spring break too, so I'll have that happiness to get me through the week we have to go without the blog.

Devree said...

Aw man! I'm sorely disappointed but I'm glad you and your kids are getting a break. I'll be ok! Thank you Lori for you're wonderfully amusing blog!

Jennifer Lovell said...

We'll be on Spring break at that time too, so I GUESS I could use my extra time to play with my kids... ; ). Have a nice break!

Lori Folkman said...

Nicole: you get a teacher's discount at Applebee's? No way! I think I'll become a teacher for that very reason.

Devree: Deep breaths, you can make it without me. :)

JazznJenna: If only you lived here, we could take the kids to the park to play (but it will have to stop raining first!)

Missy said...

You and Ryan should play the "name that band" game, he's quite good at it. I'm terrible at it, I'm a little better at the "name the next lyrics" game :)

Lori Folkman said...

Missy: it's on! (But I get to pick the channel!)