Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Kiss on the Lips and To Spit on a Fish

Did you know it's Backwards Week? If you don't believe me, go ahead and Google it.

I'm waiting while you are Googling.  ... And you're coming up with ... nothing. Backwards week doesn't exist. I know, I Googled it.

OK, so never mind. But we're doing things backwards here at the blog. You know how usually you make a comment blindly, not knowing if the prize is something worth winning? Well this time, here's what you are going to win:


An Applebee's giftcard! However, you don't know the amount. I don't know the amount (YET). It's based on the number of people who enter to win. What is the contest? It's the one that we started way back at the beginning of fall. But if for some reason you haven't yet read Generations (hello, you're like totally out of the loop. Everyone who's anyone has read Generations. Get on it, would ya?) you can still take the Pop quiz and enter to win. I'm not grading the quiz (good thing!) so it doesn't matter if you have to fudge your way through. Just do it. It might pay for your dinner. You have until Weds. at 9 pm to enter.

I knew when I started this blog that it would be you guys who would make this blog fun (since I'm as boring as a cat on a fluffy pillow). Can I tell you how much you guys make me laugh? A lot. A lot a lot. I would like to share with you a couple of the answers from the quiz. Names have been omitted to protect the innocent.

Q: Where are Ben and Kat caught kissing? A: On the lips. Someone out there is a smarty pants. All she needs to do for her Halloween costume is tape some Smarties to her jeans.

Q: What is the name of Ben's new song? A: Spitting on a Fish. Ha ha ha! That is the best title for a song, ever! One of these days, I'm going to write lyrics for it. And that's a promise.

Obviously we're not taking the quiz seriously, so head on over there and enter.

So what does that leave us to do here on this blog? Hmm. How about a poll? I need your help making a decision.

I'm ready to start writing again. (Yipee!) I'd thought I'd work on Wilder Times #3 next. But I'm kinda changing my mind. I have a new idea I want to work on. It would be a romance (of course!) and the best way to describe it would be that it's Pride and Prejudice meets Confessions of a Shopaholic. I think it would be loads of fun. And it would be set in England. (which I'm an expert on BTW. I travel there practically every year.) It would be for grown ups, although teens would like it too.

Or I could do WT #3. Want to know what the plot is for WT#3? Well, remember how I told you that Ben is going to name his son Wylder Wilder? That got me thinking. Ben is going to be abducted by aliens and he will get impregnated with alien spawn and come back to Earth and become the not only the first male to experience 9 months of pregnancy, but he'll also become the first ever rockstar to go on tour while preggos. That could be a fun one to write too, couldn't it? (You do know I'm totally kidding, right? But no way am I telling you what happens in book three, especially when you need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. See above.) I will tell you the name for #3 though. Purgatory. And yes, that's a song title too. Kinda makes you wonder what's happening in Ben's life to make him write a song with a title like that, doesn't it?

So there's a little poll over there in the sidebar. What book do you want me to write next? (Note the word NEXT. Both will get written eventually. Which one should I do first?) Isn't that cool that you can have a say with what book a world renowned* author is going to write next? Let your voice be heard. Take my poll. It's right here --------------------->

As for comments this week: it's open mic week. You're welcome to say anything you want to say. Ask anything you want to ask. You just won't win anything for it. Or you can give your fingers a break and do nothing. Totally up to you.

* I might be exaggerating just a tiny bit here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori--I voted for the English Thingy (you could call it that even), depending on the year ( the further back in time the better), I have tons of English ancestors with awesome English names. Examples: Thankful, Mindewell are popular names around the Pilgrims times. Dig into genealogy for REALLY interesting names, you would not believe the others I've seen! Whatever one you choose, I look forward to reading.
Hey..heres another thought, why not both? that would give you a challenge, not like five kids, running a household and writing one isn't challenge enough right? Also, thanks for the giftcard, maybe I will take a friend, husband or daughter to lunch:) Mary A