Thursday, May 31, 2012

I Have An Earful For the Winner

Is this what you guys mean by inspirational music?


I feel inspired just from looking at the album cover. I don't know what would happen if I actually listened to it, but I know something ... incredible would come of it.

Yes, I did steal that picture off the Internet, and no, I will not give you the link to other ridiculous album covers. Trust me, it's for your own good. Because on some album covers, people forget to wear clothes! (Who would do such a thing???) And I'm not just talking about indecent people on modern album covers, (because that is no surprise) but I'm talking OLD album covers--like from the 60's and 70's. (But that doesn't mean anyone born in the 60's or 70's is old. Just the album covers. BTW, my daughter told me today that the older you get, the closer you get to dying. Beware.) Based on the album covers I saw, I would say that people in the flower-power era were just down-right degenerate.

I will show you a few of those nasty album covers, but you don't need to hide your eyes. They are safe. Ish.


I'm sorry, but when you reach a certain age, you have no business posing like that. No business at all.

Whatever you do, DO NOT ask to borrow his accordion.

OK, now I'm being nasty. I will move on to the prize. I was going to do an iTunes card, but that is so boring. I found these instead:
Super cute earbuds! I got in trouble with the earbud snob of our household for not buying Skullcandy, but duh, these were way cuter! And I must correct myself: these ones are called EARPHONES. Picky picky.

This week's winner is comment #7 Bakerfam! Look what taking a break from the blog gets you: a prize! Wait, that's bad advertising. It gets you good incentive not to take such a long break next time, right? I'll email you Bakerfam.

And for the rest of you, let me leave you with this reminder: it's what's on the inside that counts. 

2 comments:

Bakerfam said...

how funny! I am scrolling down the post and missed the winner-twice!

Lori Folkman said...

I will have to type the winner in neon next time. Or use blinking text. Or maybe not use such distracting pictures. :)