Thursday, May 24, 2012

You Were Expecting To Win, Weren't You?

I did not expect for you guys to be so quiet this week. Hello? Where'd everyone go? I think this is a sign that summer is upon us. At least I hope that's what it is. I hope I didn't say something offensive. Something like harassing a sweet college girl who has been away from the blog for a few months. Oh nuts. I did do that, didn't I? Sorry girl whose name starts with a C and ends with a N. (It's Carin, in case you were wondering. Or Camden. Or Christin. Or ... OK , I can't think of anymore. Can you?)

So do you guys have any big plans this weekend? I'm going to ... going to ... going to do absolutely nothing. (That was kinda anticlimactic. Sorry. I was waiting for my invite to Hawaii, but it never came. Sally, could I at least go as your nanny? Or your palm-frond holder? Please?)

This week's prize is something everyone needs to celebrate an anniversary. No, not that. Shame! This:

A party in a cup (or a cone if you prefer!) The winner has $10 to spend on a yummy concoction of their choice. Make it with red velvet cake in honor of me OK?

And the winner is comment #4 Devree!!! You deserve a party after your good news this week! I have your address, so I'll get it off to you. When is graduation BTW? Congrats to you! And brag a little Devree ... aren't you at the top of your class? You amaze me!

Have a great extended weekend guys. Get some sunshine for me, since I think I scared it away with the reflection from my white legs. C-ya next week.

2 comments:

Devree said...

Yay! I'm so happy! as I saw the picture I thought "Ooh...Coldstone would be nice..." Graduation is June 7th at 7pm! Yes, later than almost every school in the country! I am in the top ten percent; 8th in my class! However I'll have to walk with Sam Hadley like I did in 8th grade or worse, Sammy Gillenwater who is the bane of my existance...That was mean...I shouldn't have said that...but I still don't take it back... >:)

Lori Folkman said...

8th in your class? Holy smokes girl, you've got a great brain. :) The only way I would be 8th is if I was in a class of 10. You could always get married before graduation and then you would have a different last name so you wouldn't be stuck by those motards; but not to worry, you could go for an annulment the next day. I think that's a great idea, don't you?