Friday, September 30, 2011

The Winner, Take Five

We are almost done with our week-long give-athon. After today's comments, I will add up all the comment threads and select one more winner. And then I won't have to bug you again until Tuesday! Phew.

Today's topic is something different than the rest of the week. We've talked about food and reading and ... headaches. (Of course we're going to have a problem with headaches after too much sugar and too much time in front of a book.) Anyway, since my family is a car family, the one question my boys ask the most is, "Mom, if you could have any kind of a car in the world, what would you get?"

This has been my answer for the last several months:


It'd be pretty pathetic if I got stuck in the snow in that! And BTW, that is one of Ben Wilder's cars, so I just helped you with your answer for the Generations Pop Quiz. You're welcome.

However, our whole family wouldn't fit, so we'd have to do this to it:


We'd turn heads everywhere we'd go in that thing, especially if we brought the giraffes along. (It almost looks like the giraffes are in the car, doesn't it. Man the inside of that Jeep is roooomy!)

So what's your dream car?

And winner #5 is another Nicole! Nicole J! You've got some serious good luck girl! I'll email you.

AND ... the countdown gadget has disappeared from my sidebar, which means that Catalyst is now available for purchase! Wowza! Head on over to Amazon and click like for me please! BTW, the paperback version won't be available for purchase for a few more days. Check back, I'll let you know when it's there.

4 comments:

PaulaShawn said...

That's in our blood. And I can't get past that desire. Just the other day I asked Shawn if there will be Jeeps in heaven. My heaven has Jeeps and bikes.

Nicole Jessop said...

Yay!!!!! I love winning! This has been a good past couple of months!

Well, I've been pretty fortunate to own my dream cars. Right out of high school, I bought my dream truck- a GMC Sierra which I loved! It was so hard for me to sell it. I seriously cried the whole night I sold it. But then we bought my second dream car (for now) and that's my Nissan x-terra. It's a good size for our family now. When it grows a little, I think I'd like to upgrade in size like a Pathfinder or an Armada. And eventually.... I'm going to need another truck.

Steve's dream truck is a Nissan Titan. He loves those. It'll be his next truck.

Anonymous said...

I would love to have an old VW convertible bug.(Shiny orange with a black top.) I've been thinking Mini Coopers are pretty cute, too. Too bad they are so little, because even though I think they would be fun to have, I would not feel very safe in either of those cars!

Janice

Anne said...

Hmmm..
I've never been a big car girl. I'm not great at remembering names of cars. I'm the kind of girl who needs them all lined up by color instead of make/model.

In high school I wanted a baby blue VW bug so I could have plates on it that said "Anne Bug" clever, I know :)..
Jeeps are fun but I'd really like a smaller car for the hubby and I to use on date nights. Maybe a ....red something!