Thursday, September 22, 2011

An Eye-Catching Winner

What fun we had together this week! Thanks for the comments. I'm surprised that no one mentioned "The Ten Commandments." Don't you think that was a really great book to movie adaptation? (Read that with sarcasm.) Scripture stories just don't translate real well onto the big screen, do they? (Although based on the awards and money it made, I might be alone in my opinion. But four hours? Come on! Do you know how many potty breaks that is for me?)

This week's prize is something everyone needs to survive in Hollywood: sunglasses. And sunglasses aren't just for Hollywood though: did you know that sunglasses are a tired girl's best friend? Nothing works better to hide those dark circles under your eyes than a set of big ol' sunglasses. However, here in Montana, sunglasses are only technically needed about two weeks out of the year, so disguising tired eyes with sunglasses doesn't always work. People might think you're trying to be the Unabomber.



 
That Ted knew the secret to looking good. See how much better he looks with a simple pair of sunglasses? I think the reason he got busted is because he lived here in the State of Perpetual Winter and he couldn't keep his sunglasses on all the time. The guy would still be free if he'd picked Nevada as his hideout.

 But not to worry, those aren't the type of sunglasses I'm giving away. Here they are, modeled by the lovely Princess Bean. And from the side shot, you can see that Bean's got some bling.


And this week's lucky winner is (AS PICKED BY RANDOM.ORG) #3 Anne Miller! Holy cow, took you long enough to win! Anne contributed a prize back in June, remember? Anne does beautiful vinyl lettering, pop on over to her blog and take a peek.

Anne, you will look so super cool in those sunglasses that I might just cast you in my next movie. Have your people contact my people: I'll need your address to send the movie contract sunglasses to.

Everyone else, have you remembered to sign up to win a copy of Catalyst? It ends tomorrow! Come back on Monday: I will be giving away one book away all week. And I'm sure we'll find something to talk about!

2 comments:

Devree said...

Although the Ten Commandments did not make a good movie I think the Book of Mormon would make a sweet video game.

Lori Folkman said...

Devree: My boys couldn't agree with you more! It'd have to rated T or M though. :) Maybe you better go into video game design when you get to college!